Harts Forest
Welcome to Harts Forest! This is an invite-only forum with a big focus on roleplay, though we do have sections for other topics as well. If you've been invited, let whoever invited you know your username so they can get it to an admin to activate your account.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Harts Forest
Welcome to Harts Forest! This is an invite-only forum with a big focus on roleplay, though we do have sections for other topics as well. If you've been invited, let whoever invited you know your username so they can get it to an admin to activate your account.
Harts Forest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Stand (PG-13)

3 posters

Page 2 of 36 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 36  Next

Go down

The Last Stand (PG-13) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Last Stand (PG-13)

Post  amelias-hart 10th January 2010, 3:37 pm

Nileve nodded,"We come through here often. It's a good spot to stop if your heading north, or south. Though I wish we could stay longer."

Cain laughed, his voice equally as dark,"Ah! So you work for the Dark One, huh? Well, let be show you how I fear him." And so the rain of star began. Each was a different color, and sucked out the air, and the earth, and the sight, and so there was darkness, and nothingness. And through the pain beyond thougths and life, Cain was still there, and so pain endured. And then life came back, and hurdled down again and again, only to repeat, and all other magics to cease in the wake of the stars. Kina could not control the stars, not in this way. And then, Cain was a star. She knew, she felt him, is undieng warmth, that was comforting, and at once burning. He was malice and hate, and rage and fire and death, and then he was normal, and he prepared to release the star again. The wind ceased, and trees didn't groan, the animals were silent, and bugs quit singing, the birds flew fast away, and all other sounds of life went out. Kina almost thought she had gone deaf, but she heard the rise and fall of Cain's heart, and the girl he was facing, and her own, and she was calm again.
amelias-hart
amelias-hart
Web Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Dahlia 10th January 2010, 3:52 pm

Rasra laughed lightly,"That all you got?And,if you worked for The Dark One you would have felt my presence and not injured my horse."She gestured with her hand to her to her lying down horse.She glared at him,"We share the same desires,power,death,and bloodshed,yet we seem to be diffrent."She looked at the girl,"Are you blind?"Her voice was softer,she was just mad at Cain,not the girl.

Rimmon spoke softly, "Well I wasnt really heading anywhere,just wherever my horse,Misao,went."
Dahlia
Dahlia
Hart
Hart

Back to top Go down

Post  amelias-hart 10th January 2010, 4:37 pm

Nileve nodded,"I see. We have a route. I don't know why we always follow it, but we do. Maybe because it's our life." Okie was cutting the meat, and passed out the plates,"Enjoy. I may not be a cook, but hot is better than cold, in any book." Nileve passed a plate to Rimmon before taking one for herself.

Cain had used but the first and lowest of his power. With a the best of rest he could do the same, but with the sun, or suns. He swelled, the magic around him raged. He spat on the Dark One. Cain would follow no "master", he was the master, and none would stand in his way. Kina stood up, and followed the noice, and lowered her head,"Yes...but that doesn't mean anything. I'm still as strong as ever. I don't have to see for what I do... But I will fight you to defend Cain. He saved my life, and I serve him with it." Cain grinned, he knew that at this moment Kina could turn on him, if Rasra's words words had been better than his own, but Kina respected things like that. Well, only with Cain. After that, if anyone but Cain came near her, she would probably kill them, or send them running.
amelias-hart
amelias-hart
Web Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Dahlia 10th January 2010, 4:44 pm

"I see it,in your face,that Cain is horrible to you.Even if he saved your life,is horrible treatment what you want?Is it really?For the rest of your life?Who were you before Cain,draw back on that memory.You may fight me,but for what?Just more bad treatment."She reached a hand to lay it on Kina's shoulder,unsure,wether to or not.So she left it suspended for a moment.

Rimmon smiled,"May I join you?"

Meca was picking berries along a cave wall.
Dahlia
Dahlia
Hart
Hart

Back to top Go down

Post  amelias-hart 10th January 2010, 4:58 pm

Nileve started, but Okie caught her off,"Of course."

Kina thought back. Cain had treated her badly...he did yell, and if she had corrected him, she usually got hit. But he had been kind to her too. He had taught her to read and write, though she didn't really know what it all was. He had taught her how to ride, though only in feilds with fences. They had grown up together, and though she didn't know what had happened before she had met Cain, what she did know that some of the things that she had done with Cain had been the best in her life. She thought back a few years, when she and Cain had been out in the wilds. Cain was drunk, partly. He was kind to her, like back when they had first met, though his roughness still showed. He told her about the stars, and how each one had it's own power. She fell asleep on his shoulder, and he didn't care, but they never talked about it. In this moment she relized she loved Cain. She now felt the desire to protect him, and she knew why now. Not because he had saved her life, though that had happened, but because all the good times they had together, and because she loved him. She raised her voice, and spoke in the tounge of her mother's mothers, the launguage of undoing,"I will fight for Cain, always, for reasons you will never understand. Begone, or face undoing to your last drop of energy." Her voice was soft, and deep, and calm, and hostile all at the same time. If she could see, she would have known that she was floated, but she felt like her feet were firm on the ground. She glowed in mage light, and power. Cain would have taken a step back, but he knew this power, than it unsettled him each time he saw it.
amelias-hart
amelias-hart
Web Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Dahlia 10th January 2010, 5:08 pm

"I have no where to go,I have no reason to stay on this Earth."She shrugged,"Kill me if you want."She did not step back when Kina did this.She kept a calm face,and a steady stance."Oh,and I do understand.Let me geuss,you love Cain,eh?Happened to me to before ,once."Her expression was pained for a minute,but was gone the next."In fact,you'd be doing me a favor.And one thing,you do know you're floating,correct?"

Rimmon beamed at them."Thank you!!"
Dahlia
Dahlia
Hart
Hart

Back to top Go down

Post  amelias-hart 10th January 2010, 5:24 pm

Kina's eyes were open,"Of course, Rasra. Of course I know." And those words were unspoken. Cain had not heard what Rasra had said, for they had never been spoken. Kina knew she could kill a person, she didn't have the heart. Kina spoke in Rasra's mind, where she could see. She painted her a memory,"You have a good mind. You're quick. I do love Cain. And now I know why." She heard Cain beating at her mind,"Kina, don't do anything stupid!" Kina relized that these were words of worry, not an insult. Kina pressed his mind,"I won't. Cain, I know what you did. I forgive you for that. You may not be her, but you have shown me things that she might not be able to." From here she let Rasra listen in on what they were saying,"You have taught me about revenage, and death, and rage, but at the same time, you have taught me pity, and mercy, and love. And to be a tyrant, you have to have both, to fool the weak, and crush the strong. I know Cain, I know....you killed her....but you didn't know...." She could see Cain in her mind now, his red-brown eyes, his light tanned skin, his ragged blonde hair, how he was taller than her, and his muscles were tense, worried about what she would say next, but yet listening fully,"I have killed a lot of 'her's. Which to you talk about?" Kina's felt a tear run down her face,"My mother." Cain nodded his head, but walked up to Kina. His face said two things, one, I'm sorry, and two, I didn't know. Kina laughed, but this was a wicked laughed. But it was not at Cain. She really did love him, even after what he had done to her. She turned back to Rasra,"If you desire death, then it would make you suffer more to let you live. Which is the more painful?" Cain laughed, his laugh evil. Kina broke one of the daggers at Rasra's waist, unspeaking their making,"If you cross me again, you will find it hard to fight." It went black again. She had released her magic. Cain was beside her, he held her in his arms, whispering her name, trying to wake her from utter undoing. Kina did wake, though her world was still black.

Nileve smiled, though she wondered. Okie had lost Juno, who he loved with his life. Maybe he was just trying to be kind?
amelias-hart
amelias-hart
Web Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Dahlia 10th January 2010, 5:39 pm

"(I shall improvise and say that Rasra called her a doll.^^)"She would most definatly try to kill Kina,if she ever saw her again.The weather raged,the sun completly blotted out,it snowed,it rained,it hailed.The wind whistled,the trees creeked and cracked,some blew over.Her rage was a fearsome sight."I wanted to join you,and of course lovey dovey over there is to weak to kill me,so she broke my(pretty!)dagger!!!(Doll!!!)"Her eyes went black,they did this only when she was in a rage.She howled and the wind answered back.Lighting struck down.It poured,her body misted in and out,darkness weaving through her hair,and her clothes and body.Her shirt flapped in the breeze.Her eyes changing from white,to black,to red.Then with one final howl,all was still.Reason and logic took over her."What would you have done for Sisqa?Everything."She spoke this aloud,she had collasped onto a heap on the ground.She weeped.She took her dagger out of her pouch,the one that was still good,and raised it to her heart,she thought about what it would be like to end it all.

(ooc:This () is improvising for Rasra's words...She is in a rage right now...I was thinking she would like Kina,and they would be riends,give her a second chance if she apolgizes?^^)
Dahlia
Dahlia
Hart
Hart

Back to top Go down

Post  amelias-hart 10th January 2010, 5:53 pm

Kina almost wanted to "see" Rasra die, but then...she thought again. No, she knew she was too much like Rasra, in a way, for her to kill herself. But apoligizing now was like getting out of a pit, they had fallen in too deep. Cain was sheilding her from the storms about them. Kina knew that death was the wrong answer here, even though Cain would have not felt any different. Kina was somewhere in the middle of all this. She wanted the blood and death, like Cain, but she also couldn't bare to kill someone who wanted the same thing. Cain felt this, he nodded,"If you want to do something brave, you have to do it yourself." Kina walked over to Rasra, and took the good dagger out of her hand,"I am by no extent weak. I could kill you. But we are alike in a way. I don't think I could, because I can't kill someone who understands me. Who can read what I am thinking. You have a gift, and I think you should use your life to show people that. Use it to pull out others weaknesses, to get people to fight for you, to dominate. Your death is not today, I don't think. Life is too short for us to give it way like that." She turned the dagger around, and put the hilt in Rasra's hand,"I can't see, but I know you are as beautiful as you are strong."
amelias-hart
amelias-hart
Web Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Dahlia 10th January 2010, 6:18 pm

Rasra looked up at Kina."I am the weak one.I am by no means strong."She pulled herself into a sitting postion,then stood up.She laid her hand on Kina's shoulder,and sheathed her dagger."I wish the best for you and Cain.I said about the horrible treating because I get that from The Dark One,I do not wish to serve him any more,but I wish to serve me.Like yourself and Cain.And I wish the best for you and Cain because my love was taken from me,and I don't wish that upon you or anyone else.His name was Sisqa,and he was killed by The Dark One's minions,when they came to take me away.I had run once already,I was turned into a mindless slave.No thoughts were my own.They branded me,she pushed her hair back from her face,along the side of her face,to the top of her forehead,on both sides,was a intricate tattoo.It spiraled and swirled."It runs down my shoulders and back.It is a mark of shame for me.I cannot stand it.Although you cannot see it,I hide it with my hair most of the time.It will never go away."She shook her head sadly.

Last edited by Unknown on 5th March 2010, 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dahlia
Dahlia
Hart
Hart

Back to top Go down

Post  amelias-hart 10th January 2010, 6:25 pm

Kina felt Cain by her side,"I do not envy the Dark One. Not in the least. I would fight with those who call themselves 'do-gooders' to stop him. He killed my family, when I was young, not long after I found Kina. I may be evil, but he wants blackness. I want evil, but power over people, for I love beauty in life. Like yourself. You may be evil, but utter blackness is no life worth living. Though pain is hard on the mind, and you want people to suffer like you did, you don't want it black, in ruins and darkness." Kina relized now that Cain wanted power, and control, he wanted to rule, but he didn't want darkness, so that every day was as black as the last. For it was beauty that made you relized what you wanted in life, and Cain loved things about the world, he just wanted to be the master of it all.
amelias-hart
amelias-hart
Web Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Dahlia 10th January 2010, 6:29 pm

"I was playing around in the fight,not actually tring to hurt you.And now one of my daggers is broken."She looked at Kina and chuckled."And I agree Cain,but how can I escape?If I try they will track me down.
Dahlia
Dahlia
Hart
Hart

Back to top Go down

Post  amelias-hart 10th January 2010, 7:24 pm

Kina spoke,"How can they track you? If it is a spell, I can undo it. As I can undo what I did before with your dagger. You must understand, I was only trying to defend Cain. That is what I have done my whole life, I guess it was just out of habit. I can fix it." Cain held out his hand,"Let me see the dagger. My grandfather was a blacksmith, and in a pinch, he could fix a weapon with magic."
amelias-hart
amelias-hart
Web Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Dahlia 10th January 2010, 7:32 pm

"I think they can track me through the brand."She handed Cain the broken dagger.
Dahlia
Dahlia
Hart
Hart

Back to top Go down

Post  amelias-hart 10th January 2010, 8:15 pm

Cain lite the blade with his red ice magic. The metals melded back together, and it was whole. he handed it back to Rasra. Kina spoke up,"I can try to break the spell on the brand. I haven't tried to do something like that before, as in on a human, but I have broken tracking spells before, on items or animals usually.
amelias-hart
amelias-hart
Web Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Dahlia 10th January 2010, 10:23 pm

She nodded at Cain in thanks."I would be deeply grateful."
Dahlia
Dahlia
Hart
Hart

Back to top Go down

Post  amelias-hart 11th January 2010, 3:25 pm

Kina walked forward, and with Cain's help, placed her hand on Rasra's scar. She went deep into the magic that was inside the wound. She went deeper and deeper till she came to the source of the magic, and beginning of the spell. At this point, she took part of the spell on herself, so that it was taught between Rasra and Kina, like a rope. Kina built up her strength, and with a sudden move, the spell broke, and fell like a stone out of both of them. Kina fell back, into Cain's arms. Kina stood up,"That was the hardest thing I have ever done. I could only go one way, and any false move could have harmed you, Rasra. Do you think the spell is undone? It should be."
amelias-hart
amelias-hart
Web Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Dahlia 11th January 2010, 5:58 pm

"I think so.Thank you so much Kina."Her brand had dissapeared into just a scar,the blackness faded,then turned silver and indigo.Her hair glimmered a little more,and her eyes glistened with a new light,not so dim anymore.She thanked Kina again,then fell.Now that the link was broken,she felt like collapsing,but would not give in.
Dahlia
Dahlia
Hart
Hart

Back to top Go down

Post  amelias-hart 11th January 2010, 6:17 pm

Kina heard Rasra fall, but Cain was faster. He bent down, offering a hand. He may be dark, but he was a gentleman, none the less.
amelias-hart
amelias-hart
Web Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Dahlia 11th January 2010, 6:22 pm

Rasra reached for Cain's hand.Trying to pull herself back up.
Dahlia
Dahlia
Hart
Hart

Back to top Go down

Post  amelias-hart 11th January 2010, 6:26 pm

Cain started to stand up, slowly.

Okie picked up the plates. Nileve was full, but the night was late, and Okie produced a bottle of wine. Nileve shoke her head, but it was too late. The glasses had already been poured.
amelias-hart
amelias-hart
Web Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Dahlia 11th January 2010, 6:30 pm

Rimmon laughed,"Wine?How did that get here?"
Dahlia
Dahlia
Hart
Hart

Back to top Go down

Post  amelias-hart 11th January 2010, 6:35 pm

Nileve smiled,"No one really knows. Okie has a dark, and mysterious past from when me and Lily were too young to remember. Some say he was close to evil people." Okie laughed,"And you hear rumors like that from who?" Lily and Nileve said at the same time,"You!" Okie laughed even more, and passed out the wine glasses.
amelias-hart
amelias-hart
Web Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Dahlia 11th January 2010, 7:01 pm

Rimmon laughed,"Nice!Im kidding,Im kidding."She grinned,and took her glass,and took a sip.
Dahlia
Dahlia
Hart
Hart

Back to top Go down

Post  amelias-hart 11th January 2010, 7:03 pm

It was a southern wine, with a sweet taste of cherry. Nileve drank to the bottom of her glass.
amelias-hart
amelias-hart
Web Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 36 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 36  Next