Harts Forest
Welcome to Harts Forest! This is an invite-only forum with a big focus on roleplay, though we do have sections for other topics as well. If you've been invited, let whoever invited you know your username so they can get it to an admin to activate your account.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Harts Forest
Welcome to Harts Forest! This is an invite-only forum with a big focus on roleplay, though we do have sections for other topics as well. If you've been invited, let whoever invited you know your username so they can get it to an admin to activate your account.
Harts Forest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Stand (R)

3 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Last Stand (R) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Last Stand (R)

Post  Caelestis 30th January 2017, 5:32 pm

Terra

-Marketplace-

Terra beamed at the sight of the beautiful red flower. "It would!" She reached out to pluck it out of Rimmon's hands, taking a moment to smell it before putting it up in her hair. "How does it look?"

Salem & Lorsan

-Alleys-

"If having nowhere else to go means living like this, I'm damn glad I'm always on the move." He could feel Lorsan's disapproving gaze even under his coat. "Though alleys are good for giving cover," he agreed.

Salem took a few moments to look up at the clear blue sky before he answered the young man's question. "I'm a courier. Cutting through the shortcuts just make my job easier." When he answered, he looked back down and studied the figure in front of him. Suddenly, a realization washed over him. He almost matches the description.

Lilura

-Prison-

Lilura chuckled at Murnar's eagerness. Ah, this should be delightfully delicious indeed. Lilura wouldn't fail to document everything she could with this encounter.

"Follow me to the cell of my next project. We wouldn't want to ruin the surprise, would we?"

Lilura set off to a cell halfway down the hall. She recalled that inside there was a few deathly tools, magical and otherwise, just out of reach from the prisoner chained to the wall. In fact, she had prepared those tools a couple nights ago. So many experiments, so many test subjects...she was losing track of them all.

Aeon

-Village Outskirts

As Aeon concentrated on filling the stone, he only barely noticed Diana's uncomfortable response to Kan'sa's words. That definitely caught his curiosity.

When he was finished with the second stone, he immediately moved onto the third. At this point, he figured he could fill a few more without any lasting detriment to his energy.

The third was finished. He took a few moments to recover. "I suppose I have picked up a bit of a philosophical inclination," he admitted, slightly breathless. "A mark my mother left on me.  I would say that she's the reason why I accepted your world travelling story so quickly." Onto stone number four.
Caelestis
Caelestis
Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dahlia 31st January 2017, 12:31 am

Rimmon

"Why, it suits you perfectly! Red is absolutely your color, Terra!"

Rimmon smiled, the small interaction filled her with joy. The girl seemed truly lovely, and it struck Rimmon with an idea.

"You know what, why don't you take this one on the house? It would be my pleasure. You deserve that flower, I just couldn't keep it from you in good conscience."

Rasra

"I suggest you wait your turn then, girl. If you flounce about in such a manner, then you must not be blind. That just leaves it to reason that you are plain fucking stupid to ignore me."

Rasra stretched her arms in front of her to crack her knuckles, raising her arms above her head to stretch her back before removing herself from her relaxed position against the door.

"Now, you." She pointed at the worker known as Benny, "You have yet to answer my earlier question. Why does everything in the dining room reek like shit?"

"I-I don't know, m'lady. I wasn't on.. on duty for breakfast.."

Rasra laughed sharply, "Ah, but you are here are you not? And it is morning, or am I mistaken?"

"Yes, but-"

She tutted and shook her head, "See? That was all I needed to know."

With a quick movement, she freed one of her hidden daggers from around her waist and had flung it across the space between her and the worker. Benny quickly crumpled, the dagger lodged to the hilt in the soft spot under his jaw.

"Looks like you've got more work to do, scrub boy. Now, I expect my dinner to be brought to my room in an orderly time. Any questions?"

Meca

Meca had just finished his rounds, with a sigh, he turned and started back towards the courtyard. He wasn't quite paying attention though, and managed to bump into Argia, just barely keeping himself upright after impact.

Murnar

"Ah, I do love a woman of mystery. I look forward to your grand reveal."

She followed Lilura without a question, her step brisk with antici..........pation.

Killian

"Ah, well no one said it was easy-living in great ol' Roran. But I get by. It's always good to have a few.. street skills at your disposal. Though with your build, I'd venture to say you may not have a very wide variety of street skills. Comes with the territory of having a respectable job, I assume."

Killian chuckled to himself, though it really wasn't any form of a joke nor funny for that matter. It stands to reason that enough time alone with your thoughts will end up having you laugh at your own jokes, whether or not they are actually good ones.
Dahlia
Dahlia
Hart
Hart

Back to top Go down

Post  amelias-hart 31st January 2017, 12:52 am

Village Outskirts

"Magic runs in the family then?" Diana asked. It was more of a probe. She wanted to figure out this worlds magic. It could put her back at square one with her runecraft. As he moved to the fourth, she insisted, "Don't feel like you've gotta impress anyone by filling all of them."

The fact that he was already through halfway the pile though told Diana one thing. Magic was abundant here. That or this was a very powerful mage. She was interested in finding out which.

Kitchen

Ariana snorted and turned her head away to sneer. What's the Favored gonna do? Smash me? I'll just show up in a pot next. Ariana tilted the chair back and propped her feet up on the table. Idly she toyed with flames, letting them change colors and sear her fingers as they flitted through.

"Did Finn ever get those damn cannons working again? I guess she did or my arm would be relocated to one else's wall." She flexed her hand. "What next? Wanna install spikes on the battlements? Fits the decor."

What the hell could the Favored do? Beat her. Sure, she was used to that. It's not like it could stop anything. The bitch's knife would dent on Ariana's construct before it did anything.
amelias-hart
amelias-hart
Web Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Caelestis 31st January 2017, 4:07 pm

Aeon

-Village outskirts-

Aeon let out a small laugh, but it ended up sounding more like a breathless huff. "I suppose a break would be nice." The glow receded from his body, and he suddenly felt very heavy.

Diana's question about his mother at first put his mind on guard out of habit. Considering Lilura's position as an assassin, answering questions about her was something he had to approach with the utmost discretion when he was young. It was only after reminding himself about a few things that he eased out an answer: "I know that my own magic does indeed take after my mother's, although I cannot say the same about my grandparents or father." In fact, he had barely heard anything from his mother regarding them.

Terra

-Village marketplace-

Terra was immediately pleased with Rimmon's first response, though at the second response she raised her eyebrows and laughed. "Ha! No, I can't do that! At least let me pay for a second one." She liked the energy of this girl; she almost reminded Terra of her 'Ma. "White's not too bad of a color. Have any white flowers?"

Argia

-Castle-

Argia was bumped backwards from the force of the mild collision, but she remained unblinking. Her eyes were unfocused, yet there was a sharp glow in her yellow irises.

"Ah, the dawn child. One could say there is value in observing the path the light paves," she said, in reference to Meca's blunder. She absentmindedly brushed his shoulders, and then asked, "How well went your rounds?"

Kanoan

-Kitchen-

Kanoan felt a slight chill at Rasra's mention of him, not helped at all by the presence of the red mess on the floor that was Benny (RIP.) You had a good run, Benny. I was even growing slightly fond of you. Oh well, Kanoan couldn't help but smile through his grimace anyways. Definitely better than yesterday. Though regardless of how entertaining things were, he now had a body to clean up. He only hoped he would be able to catch Rasra lose her temper on Ariana at least.

Salem & Lorsan

-Alleys-

Salem was completely nonchalant about Killian's ramblings, although he definitely noted how insane he sounded. Whatever; he had something else on his mind.

He opened his mail bag and plucked out a lone letter. The letter was black and emblazoned with purple, gold, and red markings, and the feel of magic coursed through it. The only information he was given about it was a vague description of the recipient and the knowledge that it wouldn't open unless the recipient was the opener. And since he was here, he might as well get chuckles to try it. (ooc: Killian probably isn't the recipient, btw, so it shouldn't open for him.)

Salem reached out towards Killian with the letter in hand. "While we're on the subject of my job, try opening this, would you?"

Lilura

-Prison-

When Lilura opened the cell and made her merry way in, the prisoner inside immediately began to grunt in fear. Her face was neutral, yet she couldn't deny the surge of excitement and power she felt at the response. She noted that the prisoner was still wearing the magical measuring device around his neck. Good

She strode over to the table where her tools were, and shifted through them until she found her notepad and quill. "I'm documenting how the mind reacts to different types of magic," she announced. "More specifically, the differences in how it breaks. And I cannot say that I've ever had the treat of watching you work your magic up close.

With her notepad and quill in hand, she turned to Murnar and smiled. "Whenever you're ready." (ooc: I don't know if Murnar's magic works offensively or not, so if it doesn't I'll rewrite the scene.)
Caelestis
Caelestis
Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post  amelias-hart 2nd February 2017, 5:55 pm

Village Outskirts

Diana closed her hand around the mana stones and returned them to her pack. Hopefully they would still be able to pick up trace amounts of mana here overtime. She took one of the smaller stones and one of her inactive scrolls and pulled them out of her pack. "Thanks for the help. Guess we should see if it did any good."

Hoping the stone to the wax seal, Diana let the mana transfer over. Or waited to see if it would. In Luminon, mana would seek out runes, like those covering the inside of this scroll. Whether it would here or not remained to be seen.

After a moment, Diana felt the change in energy. The wax's blue seal started to turn a shade brighter. Driving her thumb into the crest to break it, Diana tossed the spell scroll away from the small party. The paper crystallized and expanded into shards and then sheets. The fragments condensed into two wide sheets of glittering ice. An ice wall. A basic defense spell.

"Looks like I'm still in business then," Diana said, pushing her mana stone back into her pack.
amelias-hart
amelias-hart
Web Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Dahlia 4th February 2017, 2:37 am

((OOC: Sorry guys, I know I've been MIA. There's no good excuse.))

Rimmon

Rimmon laughed to herself. While business may be slow most days, a little bit of kindness went a very long way. Her parents had made sure she grew up knowing that always.

"Alright, alright. And I definitely should! There's always a ton of white flowers growing by my house, so I should have a few different kinds for you to choose from!"

Rasra

Rasra caught the fiery air of the girl, in more ways than one. She didn't typically mind an aggressive person as long as they knew their place. Presently, she really just wanted to go eat and get some rest after the night she'd had. Besides, she felt she had made her point, even if the girl didn't believe it. With a laugh to herself, she turned and left the kitchen, intent on going towards her room.

Murnar

A fierce glint danced through Murnar's dark eyes. There were quite a few ways to break someone's mind, but she needed to find out what Lilura was looking to see first.

"It all depends on the information you need. For example, I could cut out the physical middle man and change what he perceives as reality, or.. I could go the more.. messy route. Whichever you would prefer and need for your research."

Meca

"Oh, Argia! I apologize."

Meca quickly bowed his head in respect to the Favored once he realized who he had run into, before looking back up. He chuckled,

"Well, much can be said about attempting to view the light when your mind is elsewhere, thus keeping your eyes closed. No complaints or major disturbances this morning, as far as the Workers go. All of the Guards seem to have it well handled for once."

Killian

Killian looked at the letter skeptically. Other than the obvious magic vibe he could feel coursing off of the envelope, no one would know how to find him, let alone anyone left alive to write to him.

"I really doubt that would be for me. This isn't some kind of 'here, take this cursed letter' type of thing, is it?"
Dahlia
Dahlia
Hart
Hart

Back to top Go down

Post  Caelestis 4th February 2017, 6:54 pm

Salem & Lorsan

-Alleys-

Salem shrugged in agreement. The letter was shady as hell; that much was obvious. But he didn't make it a habit to think too much about it; the only thing he was concerned about was making sure it got to where it was supposed to be.

"I'm not one to go around picking useless fights." He brought back his outstretched hand and pulled out a small knife hanging at his side. When he attempted to open the letter with the edge of the blade, the blade was repelled and the knife tumbled to the ground. "The people who charged me with this letter only gave me a few pointers before they sent me off. One of them was that it wouldn't open unless it was by the recipient." He waved the letter in the air before he presented it once again. "The other was a vague description that I think you match."

Lilura

-Prison-

Lilura brushed the feather of the quill against her chin in thought. "The more subtle methods no doubt have their charms, but the nature of my research here is more concerned with the primitives. Messy shall work perfectly."

The whimpering prisoner called her to look down upon the wreck nonchalantly. "Come, now. What need is there to worry? The extensive and agonizing pain you'll suffer is for my noble cause." She chuckled in response to her own blase joke; truly, it never got old.

Terra

-Marketplace-

Terra was glad that Rimmon accepted her offer. Doing anything that may resemble taking advantage of the kindness of others wasn't something Terra liked. Even as a kid, she was surprisingly conscious of it.

"I have this sort of a half crown-thing, " Terra explained as she peeked into the basket. "It's also white, and very pretty. I don't have many chances to wear it these days, so It'd be nice to have something that reminds me of it, y'know?" Right when she said it, she spotted one flower in the basket that looked exactly like her crown: Pale white with a yellow undertone, which almost glowed in the sun.

Feyrean

-Marketplace-

Feyrean moved through the crowd with his eyes open for Terra, and to a lesser extent, for the strange pair who rescued him. But to no avail did he find the Amorian woman, nor the raven. Terra, on the other hand, was right where he left her, much too eager about shopping as usual. He began to make his way over to her, paying mind to his surroundings all the while.

Argia

-Castle-

Argia raised her lips slightly. "Ah, this news sings a most pleasing tune. It makes up for any disregard of said illuminated paths." Her tone was teasing, although her eyes were looking into the distance. "I would ask for company in the sparring grounds, if there was not the lingering feeling that we may soon be sent off to the skies."

Kanoan

-Kitchen-

Damn. So Rasra left without anything more. Kanoan was disappointed. Though her disappearance meant he could finally dare to stand up and deal with the body in the middle of the kitchen. (RIP.)

I hope your bloody insides are as easy to deal with as you were, Benny. Else we're all going to be here a bit longer than we want.

Aeon

-Village Outskirts-

"And quite a peculiar business it is," Aeon observed. He formulated multiple theories about the nature of Diana's strange magic, although it wasn't his place to inquire about it yet. Instead, he merely bowed his head. "I am glad to of assistance. And, pardon my eagerness, but there is a certain aspect about this world's ruler ship that is most vital to know about for...well, survival, shall we say."
Caelestis
Caelestis
Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post  amelias-hart 4th February 2017, 7:47 pm

Kitchen

Ariana rolled her shoulders back as the Favored left. She follow the movement. Instead, she reignited her palm and flicked it towards the oven. The flame was too big from the oven to take in, and a puff of soot bloated out from the gust the flame created.

Burnt filled the air. Ariana sucked it in, like a coal miner resigning to his black lungs. She snapped her jaw down over the cloud, fire licking out over the corners of her cheeks. "Suppose I ought to report to the boss." She didn't really need food, but the notion of it did something for the energy in her soul. Finn needed it. Finn still thought that she was human.

Taking a few chips of charcoal from the side of the fire, Ariana let the soft stones drop down her throat. She glanced once at the servant the Favored had directed to clean up the corpse the bitch had created. Something twitched inside her, something she didn't like. Not entirely sure why, she snapped her fingers, igniting a fire inside about the spot she figured was the chest cavity of this Benny. Just enough to make the blood boil. Maybe enough to cauterize the wound.

With that, she walked off towards the throne room. Big, bad, and brooding had her here under magical orders, but he'd probably like to know she was awake.

Village Outskirts

"Shit, sounds like we found the political exiles," Diana said, crossing her arms and turning to Kan'sa. "Sounds like Vinhir."

Kan'sa, not intently watching Aeon, nodded slightly. "Perhaps, but that remains to be seen. To me, it sounds more like the Requitidium, if its our survival."

"Just meant it reeks of civil war," Diana muttered under her breath.
amelias-hart
amelias-hart
Web Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Caelestis 4th February 2017, 10:02 pm

(ooc: Rp exposition ahoy.)

Aeon

-Village Outskirts-

So they are experienced with similar types of situations. Good. "The land we are in right now is called Roran. An almost god-like tyrant, called The Dark One, rules it with an iron fist after he came  into power by murdering the once great king and queen. Neither is he simply a power hungry politician, either. Many wonder about what exactly his motives are, but none know." Aeon looked down with furrowed brows, but his eyes were expressionless. "All that is known about him is that he sends out powerful soldiers to pillage and terrorize Roran's people at whim, and any sign of rebellion is violently squashed."

Kanoan

-Kitchen-

As Kanoan made his way over towards the pathetic slump on the ground, a sudden gulp of flame that ignited on Benny's body (RIP) made him flinch. He glanced over to where the fire-happy servant marked the kitchen, but she had already taken off. At that, Kanoan did nothing but raise an eyebrow, only mildly hoping that the sudden fire wasn't, in fact, aimed at him.

He kneeled down in the red pool near the body and examined where the the blood was coming from, so he could stop the mess from getting worse. Though upon closer observation, he saw that Ariana's flame already did most of the work for him. The flesh was almost entirely cauterized, and there was only a mild leak coming from the wound. A servant both entertaining, and also not a pain in the ass, maybe? Huh. Time to clear the body out of here.

Last edited by Caelestis on 4th February 2017, 10:23 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : grammar)
Caelestis
Caelestis
Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post  amelias-hart 6th February 2017, 11:17 pm

Village Outskirts

"Quite the original name he has there," Diana snarked.

Kan'sa replied, "Perhaps, but the most dangerous of demons from our world are called Great Fiends. Titles when facing dangerous foes often seem to be simple."

Diana tried to ignore the comment, but she doubted it would just disappear. She asked, "What about this country's neighbors? A power-mad dictator isn't likely just going to stop within his own borders. Surely the former ruling family would have allies, or there are foreign powers interested in protecting their own borders."

The Hantheer nodded. "I concur. Perhaps there would even be nations who would seek to strike Roran while it was weak, or so it may be perceived. Is this land remote? From what we saw in the market, there was still trade occurring."

"Has there been any serious effort to alter the education, or to promote propaganda? I realize night raids are irritating, but eventually the people would revolt under an oppressor unless there was something stimulating the fear into the web of their social lives,"

"Have scholars and politicians disappeared or been killed off? It seems likely that at the beginning, these murders would be to quiet dissent. If so, how has this new seat dealt with the advent of martyrs?"

"Besides, you talk about this coup like it happened a long time ago. Surely in a decade or so there would be some considerable resistance by this point. Former political and noble outcasts having gone to seek aid," Diana went on. "But it sounds like this country just rolled over to the threat. I can understand this revolutionary being great, but Roran had to have had an army before. Was every trained soldier eradicated by a revolutionary? Where there no lords who challenged this Dark One afterwards? If the rulers were great, what stopped a full civil war from breaking out to defend this beloved family?"

The two exchanged a look at that. It sounded very familiar to them. One of their first exploits familiar. Kan'sa grimaced, saying, "I believe we've asked more than enough questions."

Diana's nose twitched. She shifted from her left to right foot, and then back again. "Perhaps, but I don't like the direction that's going."
amelias-hart
amelias-hart
Web Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Dahlia 7th February 2017, 1:05 am

Murnar & Malruse

The Yormar bit her lip, her eyes closing. She rolled her shoulders and stretched her wings slightly, the shadows in the room growing denser, the light being swallowed up. Tendrils of absolute dark rolled in smokey waves off of her body, creeping towards the poor wretch chained to the wall.

Her eyes snapped open, showing fully black orbs gazing into the room. She licked her lips, first blood always made her the wettest. The darkness waited tensely for her command to be made. She twirled her fingers, flicking her wrist slowly and they began encircling the man, who was desperately trying any way possible to get away from the death surrounding him. His screams were muffled as the darkness found its way into his mouth. With a snap of her fingers, the tendrils on the outside of his body started to squeeze, tiny cuts forming wherever the mist slid, though no blood quite made it out. As each of these cuts formed, the darkness seeped under his skin, causing it to roll and bubble up.

Murnar was absolutely ecstatic as she saw the look of absolute terror in his eyes. Her breath was coming shorter now, though not from exertion. In that way, she had not even broken a sweat. She was also moaning softly with each cut made, a look of pleasure on her dark features.

The man's skin was boiling, the black bubbles underneath his skin getting larger. By this time, the man's eyes were rolled into the back of his head and a foam, spittle, blood mixture was dripping from his lips.

Murnar bit her lip, tilting her head back as a loud moan escaped her lips. Right at that time, the shadows on the inside and outside of the man were slammed together, causing his insides to see the.. well, dark of the cell.

Her legs quivered slightly as she calmed back down, her eyes returning to their normal color with a simple blink, and the shadows receded.

Malruse, who had been in the doorway for most of the show, chuckled, letting himself be noticed.

"Well, well, Murnar. It seems you got a bit excited, did you?"

Murnar, quickly realizing who was behind her, turned and dropped to one knee with her head bowed for a moment before standing again.

"Ah, my lord. What can I say? When a man can't help but to explode in such a way, I can't seem to help myself either. What a pity though, he didn't quite last very long." She smirked, still a bit short of breath.

Meca

Meca breathed in deeply, his chest filling and puffing out (like a proud birb).

"There is definitely something in the air that doesn't feel like it'll be a very peaceful day. No rest for the wicked it would seem. Not that this is a very... restful location at its best." He smiled slightly, not enough to reach his eyes but to show he meant no offense.

Killian

Killian nodded. At least the guy seemed to be telling the truth. Besides, he hadn't made any other moves to attack, and it wasn't like the guy could instantly tell that he was a Yormar. So, as long as the letter didn't open for him, there probably wouldn't be any issue.

He took the envelope from the guy, and tried opening it. No matter how he pulled or tried to tear it, the envelope held fast. There was just no way it was going to open. After trying for a minute or two, it actually shocked him and he dropped it quickly.

"Well, no luck there. Fucking annoying little bastard, ain't it?"
Dahlia
Dahlia
Hart
Hart

Back to top Go down

Post  Caelestis 7th February 2017, 6:27 pm

Aeon

-Village Outskirts-

When Diana and Kan'sa's barrage of questions ended, Aeon sluggishly made his way over to a nearby tree and pressed a hand on it as support. The use of his magic, both on the stream and later on the stones, was starting to take it's toll.

"I apologize, but I am afraid I cannot answer all your questions about the finer details," Aeon said. Not yet, at least, he thought. Not until he gauged just what they would accomplish with such information. They didn't seem like the type to bow down to or support a powerful tyrant, but nothing was guaranteed.

"Much of his rise to power is subject to debate even today, not helped that the majority of Roran's population is uneducated." Aeon let go of the tree and straightened his back. "The Dark One's interests seem to lie primarily in Roran, and so other lands are mostly unconcerned. Roran is also very isolated. The only other land that could be considered a neighbor is the distant land of Amori, although it is no surprise that Amori has had its own share of problems to contend with." Aeon paused, and gazed sharply at Diana and Kan'sa before he continued. "It is his own power that mostly keeps the citizens in check. Reports of his feats, both magical and otherwise, is rerrifying. Many believe that he is a god."

Lilura

-Prison-

The magical prowess that Murnar had demonstrated quickened Lilura's heartbeat. The darkness, the creeping fingers of inevitability followed by a brutal end; like a beast cornering its prey. Her mind flickered with thoughts on the deeper effects of such magic, and the most captivating applications it may have for understanding her own magic.
Amidst her fantasizing, her gaze lingered on the magical device that limply hung around what was left of the prisoner. But she would have to wait before cracking open the fruits of her research, for the dark presence in the doorway marked her dire attention.

Lilura shifted down to one knee, remaining in position much longer than Murnar, as befitting of a guard. Lilura thought such courtesies were frivolous. But The Dark One was a figure she dare not pay less than the utmost respect, especially when he rewarded her with such fulfilling work. She bowed her head deeply before slowly returning to her natural stance.

"Proper stamina is indeed a trait sorely lacking down here," she said in response to Murnar. "It's no wonder that these fools are now wasting away in chains."

Salem & Lorsan

-Alleys-

Salem snorted. "You can say that again." He picked up the letter and dropped it back in his bag. "The fucking thing is about to drag me all over a land I'm not even familiar with."

The letter not opening for the other wasn't a surprise. It just meant that he was one step closer to figuring out who it was actually supposed to be for. The only thing he could do now was map out his immediate options.

Argia

-Castle-

Argia's gaze remained in the distance for a few moments, sorting through her options for the day. "It is preferred. Restlessness signifies vigilance, a key hand in protecting His empire," she pointed out. Her eyes fell on Meca, narrowed, but not harsh.
Caelestis
Caelestis
Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post  amelias-hart 7th February 2017, 7:31 pm

Village Outskirts

"Limited scope dictator," Diana murmured. She glanced at Kan'sa. "What do you think?"

"The Speaker's Will brought us here," Kan'sa answered, stroking Kil'thian. "There must be something we can gain here. For our world and its plight."

Diana watched Aeon for a moment, but elected not to comment. She had warned him about overworking himself when transferring mana to the stones. She doubted he wanted to be ridiculed now. "So, there's a resistance."

Castle

Ariana wandered idly, following workers' rumors to find the Dark One. Pausing at the base of the dungeon's stairs, she listened to the exchange between her boss and her co-workers.

She would have laughed normally, probably, but something about this dungeon put her off. It made her core rumble, in a way she was none too eager to explore. Something was familiar about this place.

It's not important, she thought, irritated that it had bothered her. Irritated that things seemed to keep bothering her. Ariana pushed away from the stairs, still shaking the feeling, but her tone masking it as she muttered just loudly enough to be audible, "Kissing ass and repeating the obvious seems more exhausting."
amelias-hart
amelias-hart
Web Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Caelestis 7th February 2017, 9:02 pm

Aeon

-Village Outskirts-

Aeon nodded, merely answering, "There is indeed a resistance." It was his time to ask questions now. What first was only flabbergasted curiosity was now more serious. "There is a few questions that I must ask. The world you have ended up in is dangerous, for both you and I, and it is preferred that I know these things so we are on the same page."

"First, what is this 'Speaker's Will' you talk of? It almost sounds like some sort of religion, if I may assume. And...this way of 'travelling.' How did you travel to this world?" His speech was slow and deliberate; the tone of a practiced speaker, although he could feel a tinge of uncertainty in the bottom of his stomach. But where it came from, he didn't know.

"And lastly, if you have traveled to this world to enact anything about this 'Speaker's Will,' what might that be? If you were to stir up anything to catch the attention of The Dark One, I would advise against it, for it would be most unwise." That was a lie. Well, a half-lie. Aeon was mostly testing the waters by playing the part of a concerned citizen.

Last edited by Caelestis on 7th February 2017, 9:08 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : words)
Caelestis
Caelestis
Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dahlia 8th February 2017, 12:08 am

Malruse

Malruse nodded to them both before turning his attention to Lilura.

"How goes your progress so far? I've got an opportunity that might just pique your appetite."

Meca

"If we are to leave soon, then there is much to do in preparation. But do you really want to act before he has given the word?"

He shifted his weight, meeting her gaze. Argia did not have his fear, but she did have his respect. She may be loyal but she wasn't as crazy as some of the other Favored.

Killian

Killian snorted in laughter, and extended his hand in greeting to the other, realizing they hadn't even been properly introduced.

"Well, if it helps, I'm Killian. I can maybe give you some ideas about where to start looking for the recipient if you want, since you were curteous enough not to hand me a cursed envelope. That I know of."
Dahlia
Dahlia
Hart
Hart

Back to top Go down

Post  amelias-hart 8th February 2017, 8:54 am

Village Outskirts

Diana turned and walked off towards a large rock so she could sit down. "You're up, messiah."

As Diana took her seat, Kan'sa shook her head and turned back towards Aeon. "The Spoken Truth is the most practiced faith in our world, yes, which worships the Speaker. Normally, when a serious threat faces Luminon, They select one of my people, the Hantheer, to go and prevent the calamity. Because the Hantheer live in a place between realms, the Speaker opens a rift so that we may walk among the mortals."

"The World Walker," Diana added, gesturing broadly.

"Yes, precisely. But, that does not mean we have control over this. The fact that Diana also stepped through this portal and survived is a marvel I'm trying to figure out," Kan'sa went on. "Perhaps it comes down to the dwarven immunity to magic, but it's a question I can save for another time. But I say all this to make it clear that we do not have control over us being here. Nor do we have control over when we may be returned to our world. It is the Speaker's Will. They will us to be here and thus we are."

Diana inserted herself back into the conversation, "Kan'sa's not about war. She's about peace and information. Unless she gets something saying otherwise, she's going to interpret the Speaker's Will as finding information that could help us back home."

"I would prefer that, yes," Kan'sa answered. "The Speaker's Will is not a power. It is a directive from our deity, to which faithful servants can only listen to and do their best to fulfill. But it comes from a deity who does not reveal the future to Their creations, and thus personal interpretation comes into play quite often."
amelias-hart
amelias-hart
Web Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Caelestis 8th February 2017, 9:05 pm

Salem & Lorsan

-Alleys-

Salem briskly shook Killian's hand. "Salem," he introduced. "Usually I'd skip the info and get straight into the action, but that's only if I know where I'm going. If this letter is getting to where it's supposed to be, I need all the info I can get." He found that the authenticity of the information Salem collected from the locals was more helpful, anyway.

Lilura

-Prison-

"My research becomes more fruitful with each passing day. The sampling size is no less than bountiful, and there's no 'lawful thorn in my side obstructing progress." Weekly reports. Yet consecutively, Lilura could only offer the most productive news. Never before had her control and understanding over her own magic been as tight as it was now.

But this talk of opportunity... Lilura looked on the commanding figure in front of her with curiosity. "What is this opportunity you speak of? It's most compelling."

Argia

-Castle-

Action... Would it be out of place? Argia chuckled; no, she thought not. "Dear Meca, you forget that His favored are His trusted hands." But a point is made. "Preparations do not need to be excessive. All dawns, all nights, these walls are alive in some shape. To make what already moves move most effectively...no boundaries would be stepped on. When He gives the word; that is when action is allowed to branch out and speak more boldly."

Aeon

-Village Outskirts-

The explanation that Kan'sa gave was one that Aeon paid close attention to, but it took a while longer for her words to sink in. The effects of his magic began to invade his senses, swamping his brain.

The power to travel through realms...very peculiar. "I understand. The communication of deities -- it is always mysterious. Thank you for sharing what you know." He wasn't going to tell them yet.

Aeon gazed down towards the village, wondering about his comrades. Terra and Feyrean were apart of one of the small groups of rebels sent into the heart of the village for supplies. They were also assigned to stay at an inn for the night, as was himself. But the rest of the group was cramped together near the opposite edge of the village, only barely within the curfew border. Supplies were getting so low that they dare not spend gold on rooms for everyone.

"I imagine that travelling to different worlds is not the most energizing of activities," Aeon began, turning his attention back to Diana and Kan'sa. "And neither can I deny the toll my magic has on my own being. If I may suggest, there is a lovely inn that I know of down in the village. Uh, assuming your world also deals in gold." Aeon was afraid he couldn't help them if they didn't have any working currency on them. Going from lavish wealth in Istreim to near beggary in a year was still jarring to him.
Caelestis
Caelestis
Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post  amelias-hart 8th February 2017, 9:37 pm

Dungeon

Ariana leaned against one of the stone walls. She didn't want to get herself dragged into the flattery war going on, but she was interested in what Malruse had to say. Ariana only had a short window to let out everything she had to store from being Fionna. She didn't plan to waste the short window of opportunity.

Village Outskirts

Diana placed her hand on her pack, firmly. She didn't think Aeon was about to rob them, but she wasn't about to risk it. "As long as no one is too worried about whose face is on it, sure. We've got a little coin."

"Would you prefer to ride? We've pressed you quite a bit," Kan'sa said, gesturing to Kil'thian. The hart snorted, but didn't protest to Kan'sa's offer. Quite the contrary. Kil'thian dropped down to his front knees and then his back. The drop made a significant difference. Difference enough that Diana could mount him easily even with her shortened stature.
amelias-hart
amelias-hart
Web Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Caelestis 8th February 2017, 10:11 pm

Aeon

-Village Outskirts-

Aeon stared uneasily at Kil'thian. Having a giant deer-like creature almost skewer you with its equally giant horns didn't do much for comforting first impressions. But the hart was calm, and Aeon almost certainly wasn't eager to walk all the way back down to the village in his current state. "I certainly won't object to it," Aeon replied.

Approaching Kil'thian with a chance to inspect him up close was truly a wonder. Just how many people in Roran have the chance to say they had ridden a giant hart before, he thought.

Last edited by Caelestis on 8th February 2017, 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : header)
Caelestis
Caelestis
Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dahlia 10th February 2017, 2:50 am

Malruse

Malruse knew of Ariana's presence but unless the golem was going to make herself known, he had little problem letting her listen in. It might teach her a thing or two about respect. She was an interesting case, hence why he kept the fiery (pun intended) girl(s) around. Besides, once she heard there was an opportunity to leave the castle for any period of time, he didn't have any doubt she would be interested.

"An informant tells me of rebels trying to hide away in a town nearby. This is a good chance to test your abilities as well as making an example to show the rest of Roran: if you harbor rebels, you will not be shown mercy.

I am offering you the chance to prove yourself to me as more than a simple Guard. Your work is valuable, but I need to see more than your sadism on a chained man."

Meca

Meca's mouth turned up at one corner,

"So, it would seem your plan is to wait and see, correct? Continue with your daily tasks until a decision has been made one way or the other. It would seem, if I'm not out of line, that action will not be taken."

He didn't speak rudely, but he did find humor in it.

Killian

"Well Salem, perhaps you and your magical envelope would like to grab a drink at the inn. I've got a bit of coin left from my last... brush with a merchant, you could say. There's an inn nearby, not bad mead, better than drinking swill at the very least."

In fact, they weren't very far from the inn. The alley Killian had slept in was often a spot where drunken inn goers would wander out in the mornings and drop valuables, which he would take as 'donations'.
Dahlia
Dahlia
Hart
Hart

Back to top Go down

Post  amelias-hart 10th February 2017, 8:35 am

Dungeon

Ariana liked not having to sit around groveling to get information. One of the reasons she wanted so badly for Finn to start keeping a diary. What that near-mute could tell her would be thrilling to have. But she hadn't figured out how to plant that idea without giving herself away, and letting Fiona know the truth was no fun.

She doubted Malruse wasn't aware of her. Ariana was two walking souls in a magic construct. Anyone with serious magical abilities would have sensed her if they were looking, and this particular mage had her on a leash. She wasn't about to join the sycophants though in their undying praise for the boss. She might have been apathetic on the concept of life, but she still had her pride.

Village Outskirts

Kan'sa placed one hand on Kil'thian's back and extended the other to Aeon to help him up. Easier to mount as Kil'thian may be, it's easier when you're not entirely exhausted or if a mount wears tack, which Kan'sa would never expect of her companion.

On the other side of the hart, Diana pulled herself up onto Kil'thian's back. She leaned up towards the neck, with plenty of room behind her for Aeon. "Someone's gotta steer him," she said, twisting her fingers into his mane. Kan'sa nodded her head in agreement and turned back towards Aeon.

Village

The hooded woman left the marketplace. Other than her encounter with the young man, she hadn't heard much. She just hoped her companion had heard more.

"Arthritis?" The rasp was gone from the voice. The woman felt an arm wrap around her hip, searching for her left hand. She took it and leaned back into embrace.

"We're not all blessed with immortal blood, sweetie."

Peaking her on the cheek, her companion answered, "You should have told me. I could help."

She scoffed lightly, and pushed herself free of his grip. "Change back. I doubt people here will be able to tell the difference between a rera and Yormar and I'd rather not undo all the work we've done so far."

Her companion complied, and the raven reappeared on her shoulder.
amelias-hart
amelias-hart
Web Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Caelestis 10th February 2017, 6:56 pm

Aeon

-Village Outskirts-

Aeon graciously accepted Kan'sa's hand, hesitantly pushing himself up as his fingers dug into Kil'thian's fur. It...wasn't quite like mounting a horse.

When he finally managed to pull his weight up, he promptly adjusted himself into a comfortable enough position on the giant hart's back. He didn't doubt that a mount like this would draw attention.

"Your magnificent companion is sure to draw much attention near the village," Aeon pointed out. "Perhaps too much."

Argia

-Castle-

Argia stared hard at Meca, tilting her head. "Grass grows, birds sing. A feeling is merely a feeling." She turned her back on him and took a couple steps forward, gesturing broadly. "One wouldn't prepare a great feast, only on a hunch that guests may come. A waste of time. A waste of resources."

To Argia, her duty as a favored, and the privileges that came with it, meant that she was trusted to make the right calls. Wasting her Lord's resources by directly preparing the castle for a raid that may not actually happen? Foolish. She was a favored, but she still knew her place.

Lilura

-Prison-

Lilura raised an eyebrow. "A chained man is a vital practice session. My research is no less than extensive, but it means nothing if my skills cannot support its ambitions." Lilura hardly sought out suffering for sadism's sake only. She found the hysteria of a suffering being hilarious, and the feeling of absolute power held over a life was a given. But at the moment, her concern lay primarily in expanding her magic to new heights. And that was precisely why this new opportunity captivated her so.

"But a battle...truly, there's no better practice." Her eyes lit up as she dipped her head in acceptance. "Consider these rebels in chains."

Salem & Lorsan

-Alleys-

Salem studied Killian briefly, never dropping his guard. While he didn't particularly care for alcohol, and he especially didn't care for potentially getting robbed, he already had plans for scoping out the inns and taverns for information anyway. "Why not. I've always wanted to try native Roran swill," he said dryly.

He stood up, adjusted his hat and coat, and gestured at Killian to lead the way.

Terra

-Marketplace-

Terra plucked the seemingly perfect flower from Rimmon's basket with a grin. But as she brought the flower to her face for closer inspection, her grin dropped. "Damn," she sighed.

The flower was much more vivid than her hair accessory. In fact, it didn't really resemble it at all. "Guess there's none in here."
Caelestis
Caelestis
Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post  amelias-hart 12th February 2017, 9:05 pm

Village Outskirts

Diana moved up a bit to give Aeon room. She laughed as Kan'sa started walking back towards the village, Kil'thian following behind her. "And the giant deer woman won't?"

Looking over her shoulder, Kan'sa answered, "I'm sure we may. As would the two of us carrying a weak mage through town. At least this way the novelty hides your exhaustion. Besides the real secret of hiding-"

"-is being above or below eye level. People don't like looking up or down," Diana cut in. "I've got about 50 years of evidence of that."

"Point being, Kil'thian and I remain the focal point for now. Staff walks, nobles ride." Kan'sa smiled slightly. "That is, if you're concerned about remaining undetected. I hope I didn't assume."
amelias-hart
amelias-hart
Web Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Caelestis 18th February 2017, 12:13 pm

(ooc: Apologies for the late reply.)

Aeon

-Village Outskirts-

They had a fair point. "Of course. But whatever the case may be, please remember to be cautious," Aeon warned them. "You'll find that conspicuousness comes with a heavy price in this land."

Aeon looked on towards the village, feeling the shifting of Kil'thian's shoulders from under him. There was something about the village that made Aeon tingle with unease, but it was quickly ignored. Right now, the only thing on his mind was curling up in a nice warm bed.
Caelestis
Caelestis
Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post  amelias-hart 20th February 2017, 5:30 pm

Village

"True, but that comes with being conspicuous anywhere," Diana pointed out.

Kan'sa kept her hand lightly on Kil'thian's mane. "We are always cautious though. No point getting oneself's killed if you can avoid it."

Diana watched the turning of heads as they returned to the edges of the village. That shock was something she and Kan'sa were accustomed to in their own world. Most of the time it was followed with cheering. Sometimes silence. Her least favorite were when it resulted in spells being fired down at them. Speaker Willing, it wouldn't be the latter.
amelias-hart
amelias-hart
Web Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next